Please participate in the “Call-in Day to Congress” on Monday, February 26, 2018! Your support is critical to help prevent the deportation of the nearly 1.8 million young people, known as Dreamers, who were brought into this country as children and have known no other home than the USA. They may face deportation as soon as March 6, unless Congress reaches a bi-partisan deal to protect them. You can reach your congressional representative Washington, DC or local office using the following numbers:
|Darrell Issa||REP||49||(202) 225-3906||Vista: (760) 599-5000|
|Duncan Hunter||REP||50||(202) 225-5672||El Cajon: (619) 448-5201|
|Juan Vargas||DEM||51||(202) 225-8045||Chula Vista: (619) 422-5963|
|Scott Peters||DEM||52||(202) 225-0508||San Diego: (858) 455-5550|
|Susan Davis||DEM||53||(202) 225-2040||San Diego: (619) 280-5311|
If you’re not sure who your Member of Congress is, go to www.house.gov and enter your Zip Code.
In speaking to your representative’s office please communicate in your own words the following message:
• “I urge you to support a bipartisan, common-sense, and humane solution for Dreamers:”
• “Protect Dreamers from deportation and provide them with a path to citizenship.”
• “Reject proposals that undermine family immigration or protections for unaccompanied children.”
• “As a Catholic, I know that families are not “chains,” but a blessing to be protected.”
• “Act now to protect Dreamers, our immigrant brothers and sisters.”
After completing your call, please go to www.justiceforimmigrants.org to learn more about Dreamers and find other ways to voice your support.