The Society of St. Vincent de Paul offers assistance to those in need.
Our members provide aid by consultation or through direct dollar or in-kind service. We advocate for those who are defenseless or voiceless. SVdP Conferences provide food and financial assistance, when available, for help with rent, utilities, food, clothing and other necessities to those in need.
Learn more about what we do and how you can help us with our mission.
Day of Recollection with Father Greg Adolph
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul Diocesan Council of San Diego and the San Diego Diocesan Office for Social Ministry are proud to co-host “400 Years of the Vincentian Charism,” a day of recollection with Fr. Greg Adolf. Fr. Greg Adolf will share his love of the gospel and bring it to life. He promises to shed light on the Vincentian charism as it is lived still today in our church. Bishop John Dolan will celebrate Mass. This free event takes place Saturday, Aug. 19, 2017. Complementary breakfast and lunch are included. All are invited, especially those who do not work directly with the Society. Harden not your hearts!
Locate a Conference
SVdP Conferences in the Diocese of San Diego operate within parishes. The service area for the Conference is usually based on the parish boundaries and the community that the parish covers. Click the button below to locate a conference near you.
- The 2017 Friends of the Poor® Run/Walk is in the planning phase at …Read More »
- From July 1 to July 4, the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops is …Read More »
- On July 29th, Deacon Gene Smith, Past National President and current Western Regional …Read More »
- At our May 2017 Western Regional Meeting held in Portland, OR a new …Read More »
- Pastor Jeremiah Steepek transformed himself into a homeless person and went to the …Read More »
- A network of people, supported and connected by websites, including this one, for …Read More »
We are a person-to-person ministry that believes in giving a hand up, not a hand-out. Our members come from all walks of life and have the common desire to share their blessings of time, talent, and treasure with others.