The Society of St. Vincent de Paul offers assistance to those in need.
Our members provide aid by consultation or through direct dollar or in-kind service. We advocate for those who are defenseless or voiceless. SVdP Conferences provide food and financial assistance, when available, for help with rent, utilities, food, clothing and other necessities to those in need.
Learn more about what we do and how you can help us with our mission.
Revitalizing the Society in San Diego
- This 10-week series, airing on Eternal Word Television Network (EWTN), will give viewers a unique look at our special ministry. EWTN is the largest religious media network in the world, so this is amazing exposure for the Society. There will be three airings (one and one-half hours of SVdP programming) …Read More
Locate a Conference
SVdP Conferences in the Diocese of San Diego operate within parishes. The service area for the Conference is usually based on the parish boundaries and the community that the parish covers. Click the button below to locate a conference near you.
- What do we mean when we refer to “Vincentian Spirituality?” Why are home …Read More »
- The Society of St. Vincent de Paul San Diego Diocesan Council is inviting …Read More »
- Connect, Learn, Pray and Advocate! Each year at the end of January, Catholic …Read More »
- Bishop Hying, the National Episcopal Advisor for SVDP, was the keynote speaker at …Read More »
- You are invited to encounter the presence of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton on …Read More »
- If you are looking for assistance related to the pandemic, please visit our Assistance …Read More »
We are a person-to-person ministry that believes in giving a hand up, not a hand-out. Our members come from all walks of life and have the common desire to share their blessings of time, talent, and treasure with others.