The Society of St. Vincent de Paul offers assistance to those in need.
Our members provide aid by consultation or through direct dollar or in-kind service. We advocate for those who are defenseless or voiceless. SVdP Conferences provide food and financial assistance, when available, for help with rent, utilities, food, clothing and other necessities to those in need.
Learn more about what we do and how you can help us with our mission.
Revitalizing the Society in San Diego
- “… as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.” Mat.25:40 In 1845, the Society came from Paris to the USA, bringing Frederic Ozanam’s works of justice and charity. The National Council of the USA and local Conferences soon arose across …Read More
Locate a Conference
SVdP Conferences in the Diocese of San Diego operate within parishes. The service area for the Conference is usually based on the parish boundaries and the community that the parish covers. Click the button below to locate a conference near you.
- “… as you did it to one of the least of these my …Read More »
- On Sunday, January 26, 2020, all are invited to attend Mass in celebration …Read More »
- On November 28th there was a meeting about the formation of the first …Read More »
- WHAT IS #iGIVECATHOLIC? #iGiveCatholic is a one-day online giving event for the faithful …Read More »
- Five parish conferences of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul will be …Read More »
- The Society of St. Vincent de Paul (SVDP) Annual Day of Recollection will …Read More »
We are a person-to-person ministry that believes in giving a hand up, not a hand-out. Our members come from all walks of life and have the common desire to share their blessings of time, talent, and treasure with others.