This month’s focus:
EXCEL – Youth dining
Disadvantaged high school Juniors & Seniors in El Cajon will receive hot meals twice a week…
Housed at Good Shepherd Ministry Center (GSMC), several programs will benefit youth. The dining program is headed by Paul Marquie and his efficient staff of Vincentians and community volunteers.
We are looking at an open house on Thursday March 28. The first meal will be served on Tuesday, April 2 at 4:30 PM. More details will follow.
We are very excited to own this portion of the ministry. Come back to visit again, and look for opportunities to serve with us.
You may sign up for a spot to volunteer at signupgenius.com/
Menu planning has begun and lead positions for the team have been identified.
These positions include:
- Food Service Director – oversees the entire team and will work with the GSMC coordinator.
- Volunteer Coordinator –Schedules and communicates with all volunteers.
- Kitchen Coordinator – Responsible for food transport, diningroom coordinator, inventory reporting and meals served.
- Food Server –Provides help in the operation of the kitchenand meal service.
- Food Transporter –Provide vehicle and safe transport of food from kitchen to center.
- Dining Room Coordinator – Oversees dining room volunteers, proper setup of dining room, serving and cleanup.
- Dining Room Server – Provides any needed help in the operation of the dining room and meal service.
- Food Prep Assistant – Assist the chef in preparing and cooking food for the meal service.
We will be renting the kitchen at Our Lady of Grace one day a week to prep and cook food to be served. Food will be transported to GSMC and stored for service on Tuesdays and Thursdays weekly.
Ideally we would like to have our own certified kitchen or purchase a mobile kitchen for this meal service and to be able to create more opportunities to serve under nourished
people in our community. In addition to the lead positions we will need volunteers to
help make plates and serve those attending the meal. Watch for the launch of Signup.com in the near future to sign up for a time slot that works for you.
If you are interested in any of the lead positions, have information for a certified kitchen or mobile kitchen or would like to be a server please contact Paul Marquie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-916-9680