If you have questions, Catholic Charities can help!
Contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-287-1270.
In the meantime, here is what you need to know:
- Check your expiration date! Renewal applications will be accepted if your DACA status expires between September 5, 2017 and March 5, 2018.
- If your status expires after March 5, you CANNOT request a renewal. Your status will be terminated when your status expires.
- Submit your renewal! Renewal applications need to be submitted to USCIS by October 5, 2017.
- If you send your renewal after this date, it will be rejected.
- If you already have DACA, your status will be valid until it expires. Check the expiration date on your work permit.
- If your Advanced Parole application is currently pending, it will be administratively closed and your money will be refunded.
- Do not travel outside of the U.S. on Advanced Parole. The Department of Homeland Security has the authority to terminate a travel document at any time.- If you are going to travel, meet with an attorney before leaving the country. You can hire an attorney that can represent you in case you are not allowed to reenter.
- If you do not have DACA already, do NOT submit an initial application, it will be rejected.